Old Biker

A little about yourself.
johnbiker7

Old Biker

Postby johnbiker7 » 13 Jul 2017, 11:41

Hi from the UK.
Just to let you all know there is some GR650's still out here and being ridden.Mine is a 1983 X all in black and all original .I've had her ( they are all female arn't they ) since 2001,she is a import from the USA and came in to the UK in 1991. She is not the prettiest but she is great to ride also noisy,leaks oil now and then ,rattles and farts and drinks quite a bit !
In my view this is the bike the British bike industry should have been producing instead of burying their collective heads in the sand and hoping the Japanese would go away. DOHC ,twin carbs, electric start,and a balance shaft to smooth out some,not all,of those vertical twin vibes. Now that I have retired, I've got more time to ride my bikes,I also have a SV 650 in red 2001 model. Anyway I'll post some pics up when I get the hang of it.
John

Dwarf

Re: Old Biker

Postby Dwarf » 27 Jul 2017, 19:18

Yes, Triumph should have bought the molds when Suzuki stopped building these. i loved my Triumph 500, but this bike is smoother, and for us retired folk, it makes a difference in how long a comfortable ride is.
- Dwarf
Do it sideways!

Return to “Who is who”