New in Michigan

A little about yourself.
Lahagerman

New in Michigan

Postby Lahagerman » 02 Jun 2010, 18:23

Hey everyone, just got a gr650. Its in pretty good shape. Already has a new air filter mod on it. I just got a LH side panel for it too.

I am hoping people still use this forum, looks like a lot of the posts are a little dated.

Anyway, hello all.

lucky1

Postby lucky1 » 02 Jun 2010, 22:00

welcome to the forum, there is a few people post here.
check some of the older posts out there is lots of good info

joniacid

Postby joniacid » 03 Jun 2010, 02:11

Hi Buddy,
Show us some pics of your bike , we like that :-)

Big R

Postby Big R » 03 Jun 2010, 08:40

Welcome to the club man! It does get a little slow around here, but I'd like to think most people just "check in" to see if there's anything new.
go big or go home

Lahagerman

Postby Lahagerman » 03 Jun 2010, 20:45

There is life! woot.

I will get some pictures up soon, I've got them, there just on facebook, not photobucket yet.

I am happy to see people at least "check in" as I will likely have a ton of questions.

This is my first motorcycle, I am teaching myself to ride, and I am not a mechanical person. All of which is changing. I did my research, in part with the help of all of you and this site, prior to buying the bike, so I was familiar with different issues.

I adjusted my brake, as it was a little loose, and quickly learned that doing so requires an adjustment to my brake light. Quick and easy fix. Today I learned that the chain is fully extended and looks like it needs to be replaced... its hitting the center stand.

The bike has two different mirrors on it, two different rear indicators, and a cracked front left indicator. I hope to visit some salvage yards this month to find a few of these items, as well as some parts for winter projects.

lucky1

Postby lucky1 » 03 Jun 2010, 22:43

just know that the tempter is a rare bike, it was built from 83 to 89 only

it was only shipped to the states in the first year. some say they were shipped to Canada till 89 but i only seen a 84 and i own that one. 8)

Big R

Postby Big R » 04 Jun 2010, 11:33

Too rare! I'd love to get another one.....

As far as parts go, www.denniskirk.com has a lot of "universal" parts at great prices. Some stuff specifically for the GR, but not too much. And don't hesitate to ask plenty of questions! Chances are, somebody here has seen it / done it before.
go big or go home

Return to “Who is who”