This is ME!

A little about yourself.
chryslfixit

This is ME!

Postby chryslfixit » 21 Jun 2010, 00:43

Hi all, Chrys here.
I am 48yo male from NSW Oz. I have owned my GR650 for about 12 years now, most of this time it has sat in the shed for various reasons. I now have the time to fix it up (after a slight misshap when I used to ride it) It is in reasonable original, condition. The main problem I have is the speedo/tacho housing was broken when I got hit by a car. I want to keep it original, and like most of us, don't have a lot of money to throw around. Any help from anyone in this would be most appreciated. Also I remember thinking that the timing chain sounded a bit noisy back then. I am a mechanic by trade, but any hints from anyone in the know would be appreciated. I also need a new battery. Help on sourcing parts etc. would be great. Ta>

Big R

Postby Big R » 21 Jun 2010, 01:46

Welcome to the site Chrys! Sorry to hear about the accident - hope you get better.

While I have an old, beat up instrument cluster, I don't think it'll do you much good. What part(s) of yours is cracked?
go big or go home

lucky1

Postby lucky1 » 21 Jun 2010, 02:40

hey chrys, welcome to the forum. the noise you hear might be the starter. i put a new tensioner on mine and it still makes the same rattle. it sounds like a can of marbles.

Lahagerman

Postby Lahagerman » 21 Jun 2010, 16:11

Welcome to the forum, glad to see other people still joining. I have seen some tach/speedos on ebay recently, might check there.

Return to “Who is who”