Hello, I'm Cloudhopper

A little about yourself.
Cloudhopper

Hello, I'm Cloudhopper

Postby Cloudhopper » 28 Dec 2010, 02:37

Hello,

I'm Carl, I live in Kansas, USA.

I recently picked up two GR650's and I'm already finding this forum very helpful. One bike is nearly stock and I have it almost ready to turn over to my oldest son. I have a local shop replacing the valve seals and doing a ring job on it so it should be good for a lot of miles. We were lucky, the cylinder was showing very little wear so a ring job was all that was required. The valves are in very good condition too. The main reason I wanted to open the engine up was because it smoked heavily on start up. That ended up being due to hard and cracked valve seals. The second GR650 has been pretty well trashed. It was used as a drag bike and the engine is toast. I have already found another engine that is low miles, around 10K. I am going to bob the frame and fenders and make it into a single seat bobber. I have acquired almost all the parts I need for the bobber project and hope to have it finished by spring.

Thanks for making this forum available and I'll post pics of my bobber as I get along with it.
just remember, little piggies are cute, fat hogs get slaughtered

Big R

Postby Big R » 29 Dec 2010, 02:18

Welcome to the site! Always good to hear about another GR or two on the road. It's normally pretty quite around here but don't hesitate to ask any questions.
go big or go home

lucky1

Postby lucky1 » 29 Dec 2010, 03:48

welcome to the only GR forum that i know about.

Cloudhopper

Postby Cloudhopper » 03 Jan 2011, 04:54

Thanks for the welcome guys.
just remember, little piggies are cute, fat hogs get slaughtered

Return to “Who is who”